Bluedragonwolf

This is my new setup, what d'ya guys think?[br]

Edited by: Pyro on 06/12/2011 - 11:59
Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

looks very druidy

Bluedragonwolf

LOL, I should hope so... I certaintly wouldnt want it to be awfully paladinish.

The big ting is the use of a viewport addon (the Ace2 version here) to maximize the space for my addons, and thus giving me a good portion of viewable area.

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Honesty
High Council

I'm one of those that also likes to frame the screen so none of the world disappears behind buttons, so I like the general feel. Tho I happen to not like the Carbonite square map, that's a personal preference.

I'd have to see it in combat to really make any real comments...but why do you have the damage meter open and not your threat meter? You might also consider turning off the text on a lot of the fubar entries, you don't really need it. I actually use a second chat window with guild/party/raid chat in it, I move my button matrix to the right (I keep the damage meter minimized, I only need to look at it occasionally between fights).

Aeth
High Council

Edit: Nevermind, I misspoke.

If you're using nUI for your UI, there's an extra addon called nUI Stats that merges Recount and Omen into one window: Recount is shown out of combat, while Omen is shown in combat.

Bluedragonwolf

lol, you are correct Aeth, there's actually a sepereate addon that does that, I cant for the name of me remember it atm. but suffice to say, my omen is open in that exact same spot during combat.

And same H, I have a seperate Tab within my chat pane for guild/raid/party/whisper, basically taking away general, trade, all the local channels. But sometimes I keep general/trade up in case I see something interesting.

Yah, Im still working with my FuBar to figure out which texts I want displayed and which ones I dont. I like having my dual spec one showing and my saved instances one... I dont know why, Im still moving through it some.

Same with pitbull4, still experimenting with that one instead of x-perl. X-perl is a good addon, but I wanted to see what I could come up with with pitbull, as there's a LOT of customization in there.

This is still basically first draft of my reorganization.

Bluedragonwolf

in combat[br]

Bluedragonwolf

boss fight and raid none the less. Still think I can free up a little bit o room.

Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

i would move the SCT text off to the side
i found it very distracting to have it right in the middle above my characters head
i put good things like mana regen or buffs on one side and bad things like poison or damage on the other

Bluedragonwolf

thats the blizz SCT unfortunately. I used to use SCT, but since the author of thta Mod is no longer playing wow and is thus not updating it, Ive been waiting to find another one that I like.

Honesty
High Council

Okay, record this message for posterity: I entirely agree with Dork.

I'm using SCT and SCTD for just the reason you show there. They are still working for me. I take the Grayhoof profile, but then go into each frame and shrink the text size. If you want to keep using the Blizzard combat text, I'd move your bigwigs warnings, right now you can barely see them under the mana gains. I have read good things about MikScrollingText, but haven't tried it, if you want something that is being updated.

Your action bar at the top of the screen looks like it has things you want in combat (potions and such) and things you don't (cooking skill). You might want to move some of them around, maybe put in a bar that hides in combat.

You might consider, when you are healing have the decursive bar over near the raid health bars. Right now your eyes have to trek back and forth across the screen.

Bluedragonwolf

hehe, actually, when Im healing I have Healbot up and about, and not pitbull. I have a different profile set up for healing, looks about the same as this one, with a few things moved around such as decursive to be within range of my healbot. Although, Im trying to streamline my healbot to also decurse, I know it can, I just dont have many mouse buttons. although it may be possible to decurse/depoison with a single click.. I know theres a way.

I'll check out MikST...

That action bar at the top is autobar... it has dropdowns, aka the cooking one is actually all of my profession skills, the mount one is ALL my mounts, food is all food I can eat... etc etc. Im not sure if I entirely like it there yet is all.

High CouncilOfficer
nashal
Officer Emeritus

for decursing, i am using Clique. I have it set up so that shift+left clic is dispell magic, and shift+right clic is cure disease. The shift buton is bind to a side button of my mouse. i like it better than decursive because it saves some space on the screen.

Bluedragonwolf

Ive heard that Clique was a good addon, can also assign heals to clicks etc. I havent gotten around to testing it yet (prob cause Im not healing as much as I used to). But from what I understand a lot of people like it with their Raid frames (usually either x-perl or pitbull).

Topic locked