Broken Addons

Topic List
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
High CouncilOfficer
Gillaguy
Officer Emeritus

Can anyone suggest replacements for:

[b]TellMeWhen[/b]: This is (was) a great little add on that allowed you to customize tracking of buffs, debuffs, procs etc. It was only missing a way to get rage/energy/mana to the middle of my screen where my attention is focused. Currently it works, kind of, but the setup is no longer accessable, and the existing warning boxes are fixed in place and can't be edited. I really, really miss this addon.

I really only need it for Druids (duh) both boom and bear, pallies (a way to track HoPo with out looking up to corner of my screen would ROCK), and rogues.

[b]Healbot[/b]: Any knowledge of the status of this? If needed I will go to grid/clique, but I'd prefer to stick with what I am comfortable with. I can hum a few bars and fake it in a five man, but if called upon to heal a 25 or 10 man I would be in trouble!!

[b]A way to get rid of the default raid frames!!![/b]: Obviously Grid might cover this off, or Xperl ... but I'd love some feed back on what works best.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by: Pyro on 06/12/2011 - 12:00
Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

i would go with grid cuz thats what i use but atm nothing i use is working

Bluedragonwolf

Blizz either bugged something or changed some code for raid frames that has all the raid frame/unit frame authors struggling to find a way to get them up and running.

I believe Healbot had a running beta version, but it's on his development site and that was down when I checked yesterday.

As for timers... well for druid Im using druid timer bars. The bad part is its pretty much only druid...

You could try ForteXorcist, that is a working 4.0 buff/debuff timer that works for all classes...

High CouncilOfficer
Gillaguy
Officer Emeritus

Grid is a no go for me as the buff/debuffs are these weird little boxes in the corner. With only one healing toon I could handle that, but with 3 healers using the same add on?? Confusion is ramapant!

Yeah Blue, not surprised with their new raid frames interface. That has to be intercepted, the information grabbed and represented in a more user friendly format.

aka Salamis, Annelida , and a few others :)

Officer
Mighty Dorkina!
Officer Emeritus

you can change that debuff icon location and size

AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Heridfel
High Council

Re: TellMeWHen

I used DebuffFilter (inspiring name) for this kind of functionality. You can track your own buffs/debuffs, or important buffs/debuffs on your target. Best of all, it was just updated. :)

High CouncilOfficer
Gillaguy
Officer Emeritus

THanks Herid. I will get a copy at once and start the laborious process of making it work!!

Honesty
High Council

I'm trying to remember TellMeWhen, I used it a bit but found that NeedToKnow worked better for me (and has been updated now, worked fine last night). For some of what TMW did I used EventAlert, not sure if that has been updated because I only use in on my warlock.

Heridfel
High Council

It's not so bad. If you need a hand, and you see me online, feel free to ask questions. :)

It's pretty customizable and you can move the frames around and increase their size, whether or not they display durations, etc. It's not especially pretty, but I've been using it since mid-TBC and and have found that it is still an essential addon for me. Alternatively, I used to use ClassTimers which I thought was good, but it was harder for me to keep track of since during a boss fight I already have a lot of bars on my screen. You may like to try that as well. :)

On a side note, I use an addon called CastBy (not updated, but working) that shows who a buff/debuff was cast by. This is helpful for me as I can easily tell what kind of taunt is being used, and who used it. ;) From a general raid standpoint, it helps in cases like the first mini boss in The Ruby Sanctum. Especially for melee DPS, it's a nice lift to know who actually has to run out of combat and who can stay in.

Bluedragonwolf

A slight update.

Well, curse isnt loading for me atm, so no links, but...

Raid frames... Shadowed Unit frames has a working raid frames now, its in alpha stage, but I suspect a couple days will have it in a release version.

Vuhdo I believe I saw is working and it can be used as a raid frames display. SO I believe using it as a raid frames (and a healbot alternative) might work.

High CouncilOfficer
Gillaguy
Officer Emeritus

Need to know takes up too much realestate on my screen :(

Debuff filter is closer to what I was looking for (a simple box with seconds counting down that show up when I want them), but I don't think it covers CDs (ie is Mangle ready to go). I kinda like the organization of it .. but I loved the flexibility of TellMeWhen where I could size boxes of important buffs/cds/procs to stand out (Like the "YO IDIOT YOU DONT HAVE RFURY RUNNING" box on MG. It is about 2 inches to a side and SMACK in the middle of my screen when in prot mode :) )

Of course NONE of these add ons move rage/engery/combo pts/HoPo off the portrait and to the middle of the screen, and my old old eyes just don't work that well for periferal (sp???!!??) vision effects on the screen. I hate having to take my eyes of the center of the action for even the 1/2 sec it takes get the info off the corner. Not really such a big deal for energy ... and combo pts are on the bad guy picture. So really it is mostly about HoPo (but there are times when I like to know the energy/rage to a fine degree ... like when trying to keep enough in pocket for quick interupt).

Ah well. I'll make do with what you guys recommended so far ... and hope TMW comes back :)

Topic locked