Forums > General > Patchesmodsaddons > Inomi's Monk UI

Inomi's Monk UI

Topic List
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdministratorHigh CouncilOfficer
Inomi
Officer Emeritus

Apparently my previous monk ui post got lost in the great Cookie Monster episode of 2013...so here's what I'm running right now. :)

I cleaned up the UI a bunch by moving to ElvUI after I saw it on one of Rippu's vids/photos. Thus far, I REALLY like it. For UnitFrames, I run Shadowed UF. It's quite customizable and does what I need it to whenever / whereever.

WeakAuras handles EVERYTHING else for me. A closeup of what I'm doing with WA:

A quick(ish) summary:

• The yellow flame-thing is Chi-Wave
  • The tiger-thing is Xuen
  • The red/green leafy things pops when Energizing Brew is off CD
  • The cyan-ish half-circle pieces inside the red/green leaves tracks my Tiger Palm buff, fading downwards as the buff time remaining goes towards 0.
  • Gold bars on the top left show up for every Rising Sun Kick debuff applied to a mob.
  • The icons above the player unitframe on the left track various other CDs such as RSK, FoF, Tigereye Brew, etc.
  • I've also run a couple different one-off things for tracking poisons and such that get applied to raid members during such fights as Horridon. I may post that again. We'll see.

For importing these WA configs into your own UI, copy the script below:

Head's Up! (Chi Wave, Xuen, Tiger Palm, Energizing Brew)

Hiyah! (Rising Sun Kick tracker)

Soup's Ready! (All the other CD trackers above the unitframes)-

Edited by: Anonymous on 05/25/2014 - 03:00 Reason: Topic automatically locked
Optimus

Nice UI.  I use WA2 for mine, but I don't use the crazy icons, as I'm a slave to using the in game ones :P

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

I just like the look of t his. :) There are a few fights where the chi wave and xuen images i have set up are rather hard to see; so I end up having to pay closer attention to them, or checking the icon bar the odd time. Still, this setup has worked well for me for quite some time now.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

I should also add that while you see Recount in the bottom right corner, it completely disappears during the fight, and is replaced by Omen. A rather handy setup. :)

AdministratorOfficer
Turin
Officer

I'm begining to get UI shame, I work pretty hard for my measly, piece-meal UI setup.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

Don't feel too bad...I spend entire gaming sessions plaing with my UI at times. :) The uptick is that once it's set, I can leave it for months.

Inomi
Officer Emeritus

*playing

Optimus

You can set the aura to play a sound or have a glow to them when they're off cooldown.  I mean, whatever works for you.  I'm just of the theory that having something that's hard to see is a bad thing.

Topic locked